Arden Forest Teaching Alliance
The Arden Forest Teaching Alliance is run by Welford on Avon Primary School in partnership with the University of Worcester.
“As a partnership of schools, we are fully committed to offering the best possible support and training to grow the next generation of teachers. We have a wealth of experience and expertise in supporting those new to the profession and feel that our school Direct programme will give teachers the best possible start in their career”
Julie Leeman – Headteacher, Welford on Avon Primary School
Arden Forest Teaching Alliance is offering:
- Training led by a highly successful primary school with a strong track record of supporting high quality initial teacher training;
- A supportive atmosphere in which to learn and develop as a teacher;
- Experienced mentors who have delivered the School Direct programme previously;
- Opportunities to work in a small committed network of Local South West Warwickshire Primary Schools;
- A structured and supported programme of school base training;
- Opportunities to observe, work alongside and be part of our outstanding teaching team;
- Accreditation through the University of Worcester leading to a PGCE with QTS with 60 credits at Masters level;
Our Training Programme
Arden Forest Teaching Alliance School Direct programme are offering tuition fee teacher training places across a number of our partnership schools in South West Warwickshire.
School Direct Training Programme (Tuition Fee)
This route is open to anyone who meets the minimum eligibility criteria for teaching. You will undertake the majority of your training in school, but you will not be employed by the school. The route incurs a £9,250 tuition fee although you may be eligible for funding through tuition fee loans, training bursaries or scholarships.
Welford on Avon Primary School
Training Provider Code
UCAS Course Code:
QTS with full PGCE (5-11 years primary_ +60 CATS points towards a Masters)
On this primary mainstream School Direct programme you will undertake your training in of our partnership primary schools and will spend time in at least 2 of the 3 primary age groups
• Key Stage 1 (Year 1 or 2)
• Lower Key Stage 2 (Year 3 or 4
• Upper Key Stage 2 (Year 5 or 6)
For the majority of the training year you will based at your ‘host school’. However you will spend 1 term on a complementary placement, in a contrasting school setting.
Alongside your time in school, learning from experienced and highly skilled teachers, you will attend a number of taught sessions led by both the University of Worcester and lead schools from with the partnership, to support your academic practice. You will complete a number of Masters level assignments which will further your understanding of effective teaching pedagogies and theories.
You will be supported, whilst on the programme, by an experienced mentor who will help to guide your development, assess your progress and support you to maximise your potential.
The course is carried out over a full academic year, starting in September 2021.
Search for training provider name: Welford on Avon Primary School provider code 2L6.
All applications should be made via the UCAS teacher training online application portal at www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training.
Our Recruitment and Selection Process
- Online interviews on Wednesdays with first interview date, October 21st, second date November 4th and every following Wednesday.
- Arrangements to be made through the University of Worcester.
- PowerPoint presentation sent to candidate prior to interview.
- Book task to replace group task. Students will be asked to talk about a book they would share with children – why they have chosen it, how they would use it etc….
- Phonics task shared with candidates before the interview (similar to the one used previously). At interview, there will be an additional question about candidates engagement with this and they will be asked to self-rank themselves in terms of confidence with phonics.
We will be hosting an Open Morning on 4th November 2020 from 9.30am – 11.30am at Welford on Avon Primary School. At our event you will have the opportunity to meet staff, current students and newly qualified teachers. We will be sharing information about our School Direct Programme and you will also have the opportunity to talk to tutors from the University of Worcester.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a space on this day.