Our vision is to inspire pupils to be responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology. This should be created by providing a curriculum that allows the pupils to understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science. We will teach them to use technology safely and respectfully.
To implement the following intent, Welford on Avon Primary school provides children with 1 computing lesson a week. Teachers are provided with the resources that are necessary to provide:
- Lessons that carefully allow all children to access the national curriculum outcomes
- Lessons that look to challenge all pupils in the lesson and our differentiated to meet all pupils needs and styles
- Allow children to show expression and creativity
- Teach lessons that meet the following areas in the curriculum of computer science, digital literacy and Information technology.
- We will also address online safety during lessons
Children are regularly assessed in computing and this is through a range of formative and summative assessment
Our curriculum aims to improve the skills and digital literacy of all children at Welford on Avon, through high quality lessons. Within our lessons, children are taught about how to remain safe online, how to programme games, create online multimedia and using apps or other pieces of software to allow them to become computer literate. Our impact is therefore to motivate children to utilise these underpinning skills in an independent and effective way in order to keep up with this ever-changing world. We also provide them with the basic keyboard skills so that children can use computing in every day life.