In brief, the Governing body have a general responsibility for the management of the school. Our Headteacher, Mrs Leeman, is responsible for the day-to-day running of the school, whilst the Governing Body are responsible for :
- Providing a strategic view to assist in the improvement of the school and to raise standards by working in association with Mrs Leeman and the teaching team – with support, advice & information drawn from the knowledge & experience of the serving Governing members
- Providing both a support & challenge role – by monitoring the school’s effectiveness & continuing to challenge where required and pressing for ongoing improvements in our performance and standards
- Providing accountability – to the parents and the wider community.
All Governors provide their time on a voluntary basis, and in addition to serving on two key sub-committees which meet regularly to cover:
- Performance & Standards : monitoring the curriculum and school’s performance against key criteria
- Resources : approving & monitoring the school’s budget; Health & Safety; ongoing review of all the school’s policy documents
We also actively participate, from both a monitoring & contributory basis, on the School Learning Improvement Plan.
Our Governing body consists of the following individuals:
|Chair of Governors
Co-opted Governor/Safeguarding Governor
|Vice Chair of Governors|
|LA Governor||Peter Barnes|
|Parent Governor||David Williams|
|Co-opted Governor||Manuela Perteghella|
|Staff Governors||Julie Leeman (Headteacher)|
|Clerk to the Governors||Mirren Brodie|
We always welcome any feedback – positive or otherwise – and are delighted to hear from any parent at any time. We can be reached using the following email address: email@example.com. This e mail is not checked daily, if your query is urgent please contact the school direct on 01789 750214.