Welcome to Welford Nursery . We are a long established State Nursery Class, offering three and four year olds within the area an outstanding foundation to learn. We believe that every child should have the opportunity to develop the skills to be a lifelong learner
Our Nursery Class is situated at the rear of the school.
Our Nursery Class provides:
- A highly stimulating and creative indoor and outdoor environment
- High quality care, guidance and support
- A very experienced team, managed by Mrs Sims, a Qualified Teacher, under the supervision of the Headteacher, Mrs Julie Leeman
- Three year olds have an entitlement to up to 30 hours free childcare (criteria applies) with the opportunity to purchase extra sessions. We also provide wraparound care (see main website for more details). We are situated at the rear of the school next to the Reception Class (not to be confused with the privately run Sunflowers pre-school).
Our key aim is to continue and extend the education which you, as parents/carers, have begun at home to enable your child to foster a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
In September 2012 a new framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage was introduced to all Early Years settings from Birth to Five years.
There are seven areas of learning and development that must shape educational programmes in early year’s settings. All areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected. Three areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and for building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive; these three areas are the Prime areas:
- Communication and language;
- Physical development; and
- Personal, social and emotional development.
Children in nursery are also supported in four Specific areas, through which the three Prime areas are strengthened and applied. The specific areas are:
- Understanding the world;
- Expressive arts and design.
At Welford Nursery we plan learning experiences of the highest quality, considering both the children’s individual needs and achievements and the range of learning experiences that will assist them to make progress. Well-planned play is a key way in which children learn with enjoyment and challenge during the Foundation Stage.
Children deepen their understanding by playing, talking, observing, planning, questioning, experimenting, testing, repeating, reflecting and responding to adults and to each other.
Our learning environment is made up of areas which reflect all areas of the curriculum. Here, children can make their own choices, encouraging them to play and explore; be active learners and be able to create and think critically.
We are very proud of our outdoor learning environment. Here, children are given the opportunity to explore the world around them in a safe, well-organised and stimulating environment.
We operate an indoor/outdoor learning experience for our young children, where they can move freely between both areas.
Links are made between both learning environments, to ensure that all children receive a rich and varied curriculum that supports their learning and development.
We would like to welcome you and your family on the next step of their exciting learning journey; why not come along and meet the Early Years team and experience first-hand our inspirational early years provision.
Mrs M Sims
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin