Our school houses are after four significant individuals who played a role in the establishment and delivery of education at Welford School.
Whittle House will now be known as ‘Davenport House’ in honour of Rev. James Davenport who established Welford School in 1851.
Scott House will now be known as ‘Wright House’ in honour of Master George Wright, the first Headteacher at Welford School in 1894.
Elgar House will now be known as ‘Higgs House’ in honour of Miss Higgs and her dedication as a Headteacher between 1945 and 1969.
Eliot house will be known as ‘Owen House’ in honour of Mr John Owen and his work as a headteacher between 1969 and 1994.