Creating, Achieving, Respecting, Everyone, Safely
- At Welford, we place great emphasis on the caring ethos of our School where adults lead by example. Because we believe in the education of the whole child, we have developed a broad curriculum within the school. Our aim is to help children to be civilised, courteous, healthy questioning human beings of high purpose, with self-control and a love of learning.
- Our aim is to provide for the enrichment of your children’s lives, preparing them for the present so that they can profit from their childhood, as well as laying foundations for their future adult life.
- Positive behaviour is encouraged in all areas of School activity in an atmosphere of mutual respect, consideration and courtesy.
- All children will be encouraged to develop their own self-discipline and take responsibility for their actions. Children agree their own classroom rules and contribute to the rules of the School. This forms the basis of our behaviour policy.
- Bullying is not tolerated and any reported incidents are taken very seriously indeed. The School uses the ‘no blame’ approach to bullying which has been very successful. Work within our Social, Emotional Aspects of Learning work focuses on Bullying, enabling the children to fully understand what bullying is and what to do about it.
A copy of the School’s behaviour policy can be obtained from the office. By encouraging and promoting good behaviour, we aim to create a School that is happy, welcoming and safe for all children.
In any School, there can occasionally be instances of bullying. The topic of bullying is discussed openly with the children to enable them to develop strategies to cope with comments or actions that they consider intimidating. If any child feels that they are being bullied or witness bullying, they are encouraged to tell a member of staff immediately. We also urge parents who feel that their child is being intimidated in any way to contact the School immediately.